79: Gleb Tsipursky: Never Go With Your Gut+ Follow
Chances are, you’re in the middle of some important decisions for perhaps the very survival of your business–and certainly decisions that will determine whether your business will be growing.
Our guest Dr. Gleb Tsipursky has some timely if contrarian advice. His latest book is titled Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters.
Gleb is a former professor at Ohio State and founded a boutique consultancy called Disaster Avoidance Experts. The type of “disasters” he wants business professionals to avoid aren’t the natural ones such as tornados or flood damage…instead, he focuses on decision disasters.
Gleb works with a variety of corporate clients and nonprofits, and he has been interviewed by the likes of CBS News, Fast Company, Psychology Today, Inc. Magazine, and CNBC.
Among the topics that Gleb and Jim discuss:
- Why the message of “Never Go With Your Gut” is counter to most of the advice we receive, and to media depictions of business success
- Why startups tend to fail
- How the common cognitive biases of overconfidence and loss aversion can cloud our judgments
- Techniques for avoiding biases in decision making
- The perceived trade-off between speed and a rational decision-making process
Learn more about Gleb, his books, and his work:
Get access to a free 8-video series on decision-making, plus an assessment on cognitive biases in the workplace:
Connect with Gleb on LinkedIn:
Learn more about Jim Karrh’s virtual and in-person speaking and training topics:
Check out a sample of Jim’s new book, The Science of Customer Connections: Manage Your Message to Grow Your Business:
Follow Jim on Twitter:
Connect with Jim on LinkedIn: