51: Jeff Davis: Togetherness for Sales and Marketing+ Follow
How can companies bring sales and marketing closer together? In this episode of The Manage Your Message Podcast host Jim Karrh talks with Jeff Davis, author of the new book, Create Togetherness: Transform Sales and Marketing to Exceed Modern Buyers’ Expectations and Increase Revenue.
Jeff describes himself as “a marketer with the soul of a sales guy.” He has been working in sales and marketing for 15 years. He says that misalignment tends to cost business-to-business sellers about 10 percent of revenue every year.
Jeff has worked with companies such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Seismic, and Oracle. He is also the executive producer and host of TheAlignmentPodcast.com, where he has the chance to have conversations focused on sales and marketing alignment strategy with leading voices in sales, marketing, leadership, psychology, neuroscience and other related areas.
Jim and Jeff discussed several key issues affecting sales, marketing, and revenue growth, including:
- The underlying sources of misalignment
- How digital disruption—and changes in the buyer’s environment—have exposed gaps between sales and marketing to a greater degree than ever before
- What the evidence shows: the percentage of sales professionals who continue to miss quotas; buyer complaints; quality of leads; and lack of business intelligence
- How corporate leaders can effectively intervene
- Why it’s important to include sales when forming go-to-market strategy
See more about Jeff Davis and his work:
Check out Jeff’s new book Create Togetherness and read a sample:
Check out The Alignment Podcast:
Learn more about Jim Karrh’s speaking topics and testimonials:
Check out a sample of Jim’s new book, The Science of Customer Connections: Manage Your Message to Grow Your Business:
Follow Jim on Twitter:
Connect with Jim on LinkedIn:
Sign up for the Message Manager Memo weekly email https://jimkarrh.com/
or email email@example.com