40: Josh Cary: The Hidden Entrepreneur+ Follow
On this episode of The Manage Your Message Podcast host Jim Karrh speaks with “The Hidden Entrepreneur” Josh Cary.
Josh had a 15-year career as a professional actor and filmmaker. But the everyday search for applause and external accolades never got him past his fears or his feelings of isolation.
Fast forward to now. Josh Cary is a business coach, digital media and creative consultant, and host of The Hidden Entrepreneur Podcast. Josh addresses deep, sometimes difficult topics with energy and a practical approach.
Among the topics the Jim and Josh discussed are:
- The negative impact of our need for approval—and how that comes into play for professionals in the performing and creative arts
- A five-part process called NOISE that Josh used to accept his fears and change his game
- Josh’s advice to “Accept the Awkward”—and how our awkwardness can be a powerful way to actually connect with others
- The types of small steps that professionals can use to change their mindset and performance
- …and even Josh’s favorite movies and comedic actors!
Learn more about Josh Cary:
Connect with Josh on LinkedIn:
Check out The Hidden Entrepreneur Podcast:
Learn more about Jim Karrh:
Pre-order Jim’s new book The Science of Customer Connections: Manage Your Message to Grow Your Business:
Barnes & Noble – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1130470908?ean=9781632651532
IndieBound – https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781632651532
Follow Jim on Twitter:
Connect with Jim on LinkedIn:
Sign up for the Message Manager Memo weekly email: