74: John Spence: Leading in Crisis and Beyond+ Follow
Effective leadership is always a challenge. These days, with the pressures of a global pandemic and rampant (justifiable) uncertainty, the challenges are greater than ever.
In this episode of the Manage Your Message Podcast host Jim Karrh welcomes John Spence, one of the top leadership coaches and experts in the world. During this time of terrible disruption from COVID-19, we believed it would be timely and relevant to learn from John.
John is consistently recognized as one of the top thought leaders in the world when it comes to leadership and communication. Among the lists that include John: Top 100 Business Thought Leaders in America, the American Management Association’s Top 50 Leaders to Watch, the Top 500 Leadership Development Experts in the World, and the Thinkers50 Distinguished Achievement Award.
Among the topics that John and Jim discuss:
- The leadership keys during a crisis versus the more mundane
- What people need most during a time like this (Safety/stability; Belongingness; Appreciation)
- The interaction of IQ, EQ, and AQ (Adaptability or Agility Quotient)
- What true experts acquire over time
- How not to be a “competitive conversationalist”
- What executives are asking for and needing today
Learn more about John Spence and his programs:
Connect with John on LinkedIn:
The newsletter service that John mentioned (note—there is no affiliate arrangement with me or John):
Learn more about Jim Karrh’s speaking topics and testimonials:
Check out a sample of Jim’s new book, The Science of Customer Connections: Manage Your Message to Grow Your Business:
Follow Jim on Twitter:
Connect with Jim on LinkedIn:
Sign up for the Message Manager Memo https://jimkarrh.com/
or email email@example.com