71: Grant Baldwin: Success as a Speaker+ Follow
Speaking to an audience is generally the best and most direct way to build business.
In this episode of the Manage Your Message Podcast host Jim Karrh welcomes Grant Baldwin, a successful keynote speaker and founder of The Speaker Lab. Grant has more than a decade’s experience as a speaker and has now coached more than 2,000 other speakers. Grant is also the author of a new book, The Successful Speaker, with tips for speaking—whether you want to speak at a board meeting, civic group, or on a big stage.
Jim and Grant discuss a number of speaking and growth-related topics including…
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the speaking and meeting business—and Grant’s view of how the business will bounce back
- Why ultimate success as a speaker is not dependent upon one’s personality type or specific achievements
- Grant’s proven 5-step SPEAK process for booking gigs and getting paid:
- Select a problem to solve
- Prepare and deliver your talk
- Establish your expertise
- Acquire paid speaking gigs
- Know when to scale
Learn about Grant’s business The Speaker Lab:
Check out Grant’s new book The Successful Speaker:
Wondering how much you should charge as a speaker?
Learn more about Jim Karrh’s speaking topics and testimonials:
Check out a sample of Jim’s new book, The Science of Customer Connections: Manage Your Message to Grow Your Business:
Follow Jim on Twitter:
Connect with Jim on LinkedIn:
Sign up for the Message Manager Memo weekly email https://jimkarrh.com/
or email firstname.lastname@example.org