46: Rick Cesari: Tips from a Video Marketing Pioneer+ Follow
In this episode, host Jim Karrh talks with a legend in the world of infomercials and video marketing. Rick Cesari had a direct hand in building brands such as the George Foreman Grill, the Juice Man juicer, Sonicare toothbrushes, OxiClean, and GoPro.
Today Rick is the author of Video Persuasion: Grow Your Brand, Increase Sales, and Build Your Business, advising small-business owners, entrepreneurs, and others.
It began, interestingly, with a degree in biology – then work in real estate, and business ownership. Along the way Rick has been ahead of the curve in direct-to-consumer marketing. In addition to practical video tips, Rick offers some surprising backstories of those legendary brands and campaigns.
Among the topics Rick discusses with Jim:
- How consumers’ use of the web today is similar to the TV “channel-surfing” of years ago
- The true story of how a floundering fajita-maker product ultimately became the wildly successful George Foreman Grill (and at the time, the richest endorsement deal ever for an athlete)
- How to use video to build differentiation, even for a product or service that doesn’t seem “visual”
- The degree of “polish” needed today in order for videos to be compelling
- How to get started for yourself and your business, even if you feel like you’re behind on video marketing
- How Rick worked with GoPro’s founder to fulfill the vision of a billion-dollar enterprise
Learn about Rick Cesari and his video marketing tips:
Pre-order Rick’s new book:
Rick’s YouTube channel:
Background on Dr. Robert Cialdini, including his outstanding book Influence:
Learn about Jim Karrh and the issues he addresses for clients– and sign up for the free weekly Message Manager Memo:
Check out Jim’s speaking topics and programs:
Read a sampler of Jim’s new book, The Science of Customer Connections: Manage Your Message to Grow Your Business:
Connect with Jim on LinkedIn:
Follow Jim on Twitter: